Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking smart, thoughtful education professionals who care about students and about their professional craft. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply, and CPS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity (AA/EEO) employer.
Basic Requirements for Educators:
- Teachers are required to have a Bachelor’s degree and to hold appropriate Massachusetts teacher licensure/certification, or be in the process of obtaining licensure/ certification.
- School administrators are required to have a Master’s degree and to hold appropriate Massachusetts administrative licensure certification, or be in the process of obtaining licensure/ certification.
- Paraprofessionals and instructional aides in Title I schools are required at minimum to hold an Associates degree, 48 college credits, or have successfully passed the ParaPro assessment.
- Substitute teachers in Chelsea Public Schools must possess a minimum of 2 years of college credits or an Associate’s Degree.
Requirements for Non-Instructional Positions
- Review positions on our TalentEd website to review qualifications for each position. The requirements vary depending on the role.