Principal: Trelane Clark
Assistant Principal(s): Gretchen Saunders
Family Liaison: Johnny Giraldo
School Day: 7:55 am to 2:05 pm
School Uniform: No
School Mascot: Oswald The Owl
The Hooks Elementary School serves students in grades 1 to 4. Faculty and staff at the Hooks are always ready to “go the extra mile” to connect with families and do whatever is needed to support children’s learning and well-being. Teachers also understand the importance of differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students. The Hooks is a “Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports” (PBIS) school with an in-depth approach to social, emotional, and behavioral support. The Hooks has achieved Level 1 status—the highest possible ranking for reducing proficiency gaps given to schools by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. In 2016, the state also named the Hooks School a Commendation School in recognition of its strong progress.
Our Academic Focus and Approach
- The school offers differentiated instructional approaches to meet the students’ needs (Universal Design for Learning)
- Our special education programs include grades 1-2 and grades 3-4 Learning Center class rooms, and academic and other services provided in inclusive classroom settings.
- Our comprehensive support services for English Language Learners include in-class and pull-out services that are designed to accelerate students’ language acquisition.
- Click here for our Accelerated Improvement Plan
- View 2022 School Report Card
Art, Music, and After-School Programs
- All students in grades 1-6 enjoy art and music classes at least once a week.
- The Hooks Elementary School has multiple musical performances a year. Students can participate in chorus.
- Art programs include weekly art classes using a variety of mediums, such as paint and clay, culminating in a district-wide art show.
- After school programs include Girls-on-the-Run, Violin classes, STEM programs, and ELL support. Before school programs include math support and chorus.
New This Year
- Click here to read our 2023-24 Home-School Compact
- Join ParentSquare today, our new school-to-home communications platform for families. This platform will be used at all schools (Grades K-12). Join to stay up to date on everything happening in your child's classroom.