Chelsea High School
299 Everett Ave, Chelsea MA 02150 - Map and Directions
Tel: 617-466-5000 | Fax: 617-889-8468
View School Arrival and Departure Time (PDF)
Principal: Obed Morales (Office: 617-466-5039)
Assistant Principal(s): Patricia Arevalo, Alan Beausoleil, Emma Gardiner, Elias Reinoso
Special Education Coordinator: Krystal Dixon
Bridge Academy/ELE Coordinator: Deidre Collins
Family Liaison: Olga Escalante & Jay Velez
School Day: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm | 2022-23 Bell Schedule
School Uniform: No
School Mascot: Red Devil
Chelsea High School (CHS) serves students from grades 9 to 12. The mission of CHS is to cultivate deeper learning for all students rooted in the academic and social-emotional skills reflected in the CHS Vision of a Graduate. We offer a variety of curricular and extracurricular opportunities. The school tries to provide each student with a well-rounded education, while also encouraging the cultivation of individual areas of interest. There are a variety of support services to ensure that the unique needs of each student are met. Graduates of Chelsea High School go on to a wide range of higher education institutions and professional opportunities. Each year, students at Chelsea High School receive hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships.
If you need to request a transcript, visit Alumni Transcripts Request.
Our Academic Approach
- All juniors and seniors and some sophomores have access to the Early College Program, enabling students to enroll in courses at Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC). Students who have earned enough credits are eligible to receive the City of Chelsea scholarship to finish their studies at BHCC.
- CHS offers three College and Career Pathway Programs: Education, Law and Public Policy, and Health and Life Sciences. These programs provide the opportunity to explore potential career pathways through interdisciplinary coursework and internships.
- A vibrant Advanced Placement Program that is designed to challenge and prepare students for the rigor of college-level coursework. More than 10 different AP courses are offered every school year.
- All students complete a capstone portfolio annually. A capstone is a multifaceted assignment that serves as a culminating academic and self-reflective experience.
- In addition to world language courses, CHS offers classes that are specifically tailored to cultivate the literacy of Spanish Speakers. Furthermore, students may earn a Seal of Biliteracy, an award that recognizes demonstrated proficiency in two languages (this can be earned in English and any other language). This Seal is recognized as a significant accomplishment by colleges and positions students well for future employment opportunities where bilingualism and biliteracy are required.
- iBlock provides students with intervention, academic support, and a social-emotional curriculum that helps them to develop self-awareness, reflection, and self-management skills.
- Our Bridge Academy ensures that English Language Learners successfully complete their secondary education while acquiring a new language. Online learning is an available option for some Bridge students.
- Special Education (Special Needs, Chapter 766, IDEA) Chelsea High School provides services to students with disabilities who are eligible for special education and/or related services.
- Click here for the CHS Accelerated Improvement Plan
- View 2022 School Report Card
Art, Music, After-School Programs
- CHS offers a wide range of elective courses in Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and World Language as well as in the English, History and Science departments to help students pursue their interests and develop a well-rounded set of skills.
- Students may choose to participate in an array of extracurricular activities, including athletics, drama, music, and student-led clubs.
Click here to register for athletics! Follow Chelsea Athletics on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
News & Announcements
Chelsea High School Calendar
Click here to view the CHS calendar | Haga clic aquí para ver el calendario de CHS
Coffee Hour with Principal Morales | Hora del Café con el Director Sr. Morales
CHS families are welcome to attend a Coffee Hour with Principal Morales on Wednesday, March 29, at 8:30am.
Las familias de CHS pueden asistir a una hora de café con el director Morales el miércoles 29 de marzo a las 8:30 am.
Click here for more information | Haga clic aquí para obtener más información