Principal: Michelle Martinello
Assistant Principal(s): Felipe Gomez & Christine Keenen
Family Liaison: Angie Garcia
School Day: 8:05 am to 2:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday | 8:05 am to 1:40 pm on Wednesday ONLY
School Uniform: Yes | Uniform Requirements
School Mascot: Wolf
The Wright Science and Technology Academy serves students in grades 5 to 8. At Wright Academy, teachers and staff pride themselves on their relationships with students. We recently renovated our Science labs and Math classrooms to give students access to state-of-the-art equipment, and we have been making upgrades throughout the building all summer. Teachers hold students to high expectations and are focused on giving each and every student the skills they need to succeed in life, both academically and socially. Teachers work hard to meet students where they are at, using data to identify and respond to individual needs. The Wright Academy is a uniform school.
Our Academic Approach
- Differentiated and culturally responsive instructional approaches to meet the needs of all students.
- Our special education programs include Learning Center and Functional Academics programs and fully inclusive classrooms.
- English Language Learners will work with a teaching specialist in the regular classroom until they show English language proficiency and are able to complete grade level curriculum without language support.
- Click here for our Turnaround Plan
- View 2021 School Report Card
Art, Music, After-School Programs
- Wright Academy has multiple musical performances each year. Students can participate in chorus or band and perform at the all-district concerts during winter and spring. We also have student performers at the “moving on” ceremony for our 8th grade students.
- Art programs include access to a newly designed studio courtesy of Alex and Ani and the Boston Celtics. Students experience a state-of-the art studio, have access to a 3-D printer, and various other materials. The program goal is to provide a space specifically designed for students to be comfortable, creative and innovative.
- School programs include academic opportunities in both math and literacy, and enrichment opportunities, such as intramural sports. We also offer Ideas in Medicine, a program in partnership with Tufts University. Students meet with medical fellows weekly, and have the opportunity to visit the Tufts campus.
New This Year
- We are really excited to be adding staff to our school this year to support the needs of our students. We have added an additional Special Education teacher and Reading Specialist to provide ongoing specialized instruction both small group and whole class. We have also hired a Student Support Advocate to further support both the academic and social needs of our students. Lastly, we have slightly revised our schedule. Students will go to school until 2:30 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Students will be released at 1:40 on Wednesday in order to to provide ongoing PD of staff in service of bettering instruction and meeting the needs of all learners
- Please click this link to visit our Williams Complex Library website!