We will welcome and educate all by...
- Respecting culturally and linguistically diverse students by leveraging their native language and background to create a strengths-based instructional model.
- Providing a high quality, comprehensive, and equitable education for all.
- Using research-based instruction, collaborative spaces, and reflective practices.
- Developing academic language across the four language domains to support student success in school and beyond.
- Engaging families and the community as partners in our students’ education.
The educators and students of the CPS ELE Department are a diverse community of empowered learners who are able to transform the world around us.
- Honoring linguistic and cultural assets
- Community and collaboration