By The Numbers
The buildings and grounds team maintains five different buildings that house ten schools in over 930,000 sf. These buildings are surrounded by playing fields, playgrounds, walkways, sidewalks, and parking lots that also must be maintained. Snow removal requires significant effort after each snowfall.
Chelsea School buildings and occupants include:
|John Silber Early Learning Center (ELC)||99 Hawthorne Street||Early Learning Center, Intergenerational Literacy Program, Parent Information Center, Special Education Administration|
|Mary C. Burke Elementary School Complex (MCB)||300 Crescent Avenue||Berkowitz Elementary, Kelly Elementary, Hooks Elementary, Sokolowski Elementary|
|Williams Middle School Complex (WMS)||180 Walnut Street||Browne Middle School, Wright Science & Technology Academy, Boston University Student Dental Clinic|
|Morris H. Seigal Clark Avenue Middle School (CAMS)||8 Clark Avenue||Clark Avenue Middle School|
|Chelsea High School (CHS)||299 Everett Avenue||Chelsea High School, Chelsea Opportunity Academy, Inversant College Savings Program, Chelsea Credit Union, MGH Student Health Clinic|
School administrative offices are located in Chelsea City Hall, 500 Broadway, and facilities administration is located at 4R Gerrish Avenue.
Fields and playgrounds at school sites include:
- Early Learning Center – two play structures
- Mary C. Burke playground – play structures, turf field, water feature
- Merritt Park (at MCB )– little league baseball field, girls softball field with half-court basketball adjacent
- Carter Park (at CHS)– baseball field, softball field, and tot lot
- Veteran’s Stadium (at CHS) – football/soccer/lacrosse field and track
- Williams Middle School playground – basketball courts, hard surface play area