Safe Reopening of Schools SY 21-22
The first day of school for Grades 1-12 will be September 1, 2021; Prek-K will be September 8, 2021. All districts and schools will be required to be in-person, full-time, five days a week this fall (School Year 21-22), and all previously-released Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) health and safety requirements will be lifted, including social distancing.
Department of Health Fall Guidance
The guidance was developed jointly by DESE and DPH and outlines recommendations on masking, COVID-19 testing, and quarantine protocols.
DESE and DPH also continue to encourage the following:
• schools to maintain ventilation upgrades from this past year as feasible;
• hand hygiene practices;
• extend policies for students and staff to stay home when sick; and,
• monitor the public health situation and may issue additional guidance as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The following documents and webinars provide answers to frequently asked questions to the COVID-19 Testing Program for the current school year (2021-22) as well as protocols for responding to COVID-19 scenarios:
• FAQ regarding COVID-19 Testing Program from DESE & Chelsea Public Schools [Spanish]
• FAQ regarding Responding to COVID-19 Scenarios from Chelsea Public Schools [Spanish]
• Staff webinar regarding COVID-19 Scenarios and Testing (Use passcode ^Dm00w*+ to watch) from Chelsea Public Schools [Presentation Slides]
• Parents and families webinar regarding COVID-19 Scenarios and Testing (Use passcode Pa^V=vk8 to watch) from Chelsea Public Schools [Presentation Slides]
Safe Reopening of Schools
School Committee Update - August 11, 2021
In the below presentation, you will find all the information related to school reopening for the school year 2011-2022. You can also download a copy of this presentation in PDF format for viewing.