Youth Mental Health & Wellness Day 5.6.22
On Friday, May 6, Chelsea Public Schools is hosting Youth Mental Health & Wellness Day from 3:00-5:00 p.m. outside in the Williams School Courtyard. The event coincides with Youth Mental Health Awareness Month as well as National Youth Mental Health Awareness Week (May 1-7), and National Youth Mental Health Awareness Day (May 7).
The event invites all CPS students, families and the entire City of Chelsea Community to attend, participate in wellness activities, and learn more about Mental Health resources and support systems available to children and adults alike. A variety of events and activities have been planned for Youth Mental Health & Wellness Day including:
- Zumba and Dance
- Chalk Art, Glitter Design & Face Painting
- Photo Booth
- Reading with Chelsea High School students
- Ice Cream, Smoothies, Snacks & Beverages will be available!
- Meet CPD Community Support Dog BRUTT!
In addition to the activities listed above, Community Providers who lend mental health support to Chelsea children and residents will be in attendance. The list below includes confirmed attendees. Additional providers may participate in the event as well. All Providers will have information available about their respective organizations, and how residents can utilize their services:
- Kids In Need of Defense (KIND)
- Chelsea Library
- Community Action Programs Inter-City, Inc. (CAPIC)
- Chelsea Community Connections
- MGH - CHS School Based Health Center
- MGH - Center for Communtiy Health Improvement
- MGH - Healthy Chelsea
- MGH - Pediatrics
- North Suffolk Mental Health Association - Youth Access Center
- East Boston Neighborhood Health Center - Neighborhood Trauma Team
- Chelsea Recreation & Cultural Affairs
- Eliot Family Resource Center
- Jordan Boys and Girls Club
- Soccer Without Borders
- Housing Families
Stay tuned for more information and announcements about CPS' Youth Mental Health & Wellness Day!