This Tuesday, March 8, Chelsea Public Schools will host a COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Mary C. Burke Elementary Complex. The clinic will begin at 3:00 p.m. and conclude at 6:00 p.m.
Vaccinations available on Tuesday include include first and second doses of the initial COVID-19 vaccine, first and second doses of the pediatric COVID-19 vaccine, and booster shots. Eligibility information for the initial vaccine, pediatric vaccine and booster shots are included below:
- Residents ages 12+ can receive the initial COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer).
- Children ages 5-11 can receive the pediatric COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer).
- Residents ages 12+ can now receive a COVID-19 booster shot. Depending on when you received the initial vaccine, you may be temporarily ineligible for a booster. Eligibility requirements include:
- For the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, you must wait six months after your second dose to receive the booster
- For the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, you must wait two months after receiving the vaccine to receive the booster
- Review your vaccination card to confirm that you are eligible to receive the booster shot, and bring it with you to the MCB Complex to receive the booster
This clinic is for Chelsea Public Schools students, staff and families only.
Vaccines will be administered indoors. Attendees will enter the Elementary Complex through the entrance to the Berkowitz School, and line up down the first floor hallway. Vaccines will be received in the cafeteria. Anyone who receives a vaccine will have to wait 15 minutes before leaving.