Superintendent's Welcome Back to School Letter to Families SY 2021-2022
August 23, 2021
Dear Chelsea Families:
We are looking forward to the new school year as all of our staff and students return to school with renewed energy and enthusiasm. I am writing to provide several updates as the first day of school is just around the corner, the first day of school for students in grades 1-12 is September 1, 2021 and prek – kindergarten is September 8, 2021.
This fall, students and staff will be required to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status. We made this decision based on the recommendations of the CDC and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
While we are happy to bring all of our students back to in person instruction this year, Chelsea Public Schools is committed to the health and safety of its staff and students. Thus, a layered approach to COVID-19 prevention will continue in the upcoming school year:
- Mandatory face coverings inside buildings
- Social distancing during lunch time for students
- On-site routine Covid Safety Checks of staff and students
- Availability of rapid testing for students and staff members showing signs of illness while at school with guardian consent
- Quarantine and contact tracing protocols
- Thorough cleaning and sanitization practices
- Hand sanitizer located throughout the school buildings
- Ongoing maintenance of the HVAC and ventilation systems
This FAQ document will answer many basic questions you might have about the 2021-2022 school year.
As always, Chelsea Public Schools is committed to welcoming and educating all students. I hope you enjoy the last weeks of summer. See you soon!
Dr. Almi G. Abeyta