Timeline for Reopening of Schools
On Friday, March 5, 2021, the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) met and voted to adopt a recommendation giving Commissioner Riley the authority to return Elementary students to full-time, in-person school on April 5, 2021 and April 28, 2021 for students in grades 5-8. This means that students who return to in-person learning will be in school five days a week every day.
- CPS students in Special Education Sub-Separate classes and the Chelsea Opportunity Academy students will return to full-time, in-person learning on Monday, April 5, 2021.
- Students in grades K-4 will return to in-person learning on Monday, April 12, 2021.
- Middle school students, grades 5- 8, will return to in-person learning on Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
- English language learners at levels 1 and 2 in grades 9-12 will return to in-person learning on Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
- Plans are in the works to increase in-person learning opportunities for high school students.
- An overview of updated Reopening of Schools Plan from our Reopening Plan 2.0.
You can also view this infographic in PDF. Remote learning continues for students whose parents selected remote.