Edgar Hooks Elementary School
300 Crescent Avenue, Chelsea MA 02150 - Map and Directions
Principal: Trelane Clark
Assistant Principal(s): Jake Dore
Parent Liaison: Yolanda Valles
School Day: 7:55 am to 2:05 pm
School Uniform: No
School Mascot: Oswald The Owl
The Hooks Elementary School serves students in grades 1 to 4. Faculty and staff at the Hooks are always ready to “go the extra mile” to connect with families and do whatever is needed to support children’s learning and well-being. Teachers also understand the importance of differentiating instruction to meet the needs of all students. The Hooks is a “Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports” (PBIS) school with an in-depth approach to social, emotional, and behavioral support. The Hooks has achieved Level 1 status—the highest possible ranking for reducing proficiency gaps given to schools by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. In 2016, the state also named the Hooks School a Commendation School in recognition of its strong progress.
Our Academic Focus and Approach
- The school offers differentiated instructional approaches to meet the students’ needs (Universal Design for Learning)
- Our special education programs include grades 1-2 and grades 3-4 Learning Center class rooms, and academic and other services provided in inclusive classroom settings.
- Our comprehensive support services for English Language Learners include in-class and pull-out services that are designed to accelerate students’ language acquisition.
- Click here for our Accelerated Improvement Plan
- Click here for our School Report Card
Art, Music, and After-School Programs
- All students in grades 1-6 enjoy art and music classes at least once a week.
- The Hooks Elementary School has multiple musical performances a year. Students can participate in chorus.
- Art programs include weekly art classes using a variety of mediums, such as paint and clay, culminating in a district-wide art show.
- After school programs include Girls-on-the-Run, Violin classes, STEM programs, and ELL support. Before school programs include math support and chorus.
New This Year
- Morning Math offers additional math support to students before school. Teachers can refer students to the program or parents can request that their child participate.
- Academic Intervention offers students additional support in literacy or math. Parents can request that their child participate.
- Hooks Parent Teacher Association (PTA) - all families are members of the PTA. The PTA generally meets on the first Thursday of the month and alternates between morning and evening meetings. Coffee Hour with the Principal is also underway.
- Virtual Family Engagements - all families are invited to participated in events to build and maintain community.
- MCB School Site Council - all four schools have combined to create one School Site Council as an advisory group to principals, and to help promote initiatives and programs.
- The new school playground has been finished, but unfortunately it remains closed due to social distancing requirements.
- All families can receive quick information from the school via ClassDojo. Reach out to your child's teacher to get signed up!
- Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org