Principal: Michelle Martinello
Assistant Principal(s): Felipe Gomez & Adam Weldai
Family Liaison: Gina Arzola
School Day: 8:05 am to 2:20 pm
School Uniform: Yes
School Mascot: Wolf
The Wright Science and Technology Academy serves students in grades 5 to 8. At Wright Academy, teachers and staff pride themselves on their relationships with students. We recently renovated our Science labs and Math classrooms to give students access to state-of-the-art equipment. Teachers hold students to high expectations and are focused on giving each and every student the skills they need to succeed in life, both academically and socially. Teachers work hard to meet students where they are at, using data to identify and respond to individual needs. The Wright Academy is a uniform school.
Our Academic Approach
- Differentiated and culturally responsive instructional approaches to meet the needs of all students.
- Our special education programs include Learning Center and Functional Academics programs and fully inclusive classrooms.
- English Language Learners will work with a teaching specialist in the regular classroom until they show English language proficiency and are able to complete grade level curriculum without language support.
- Click here for our Turnaround Plan
- View 2020 School Report Card
Art, Music, After-School Programs
- Wright Academy has multiple musical performances each year. Students can participate in chorus or band and perform at the all-district concerts during winter and spring. We also have student performers at the “moving on” ceremony for our 8th
- Art programs include access to a newly designed studio courtesy of Alex and Ani and the Boston Celtics. Students experience a state-of-the art studio, have access to a 3-D printer, and various other materials. The program goal is to provide a space specifically designed for students to be comfortable, creative and innovative.
- School programs include academic opportunities in both math and literacy, and enrichment opportunities, such as intramural sports. We also offer Ideas in Medicine, a program in partnership with Tufts University. Students meet with medical fellows weekly, and have the opportunity to visit the Tufts campus.
New This Year
- We are really excited to be adding staff to our school this year to support the needs of our students. We have added an additional ELL teacher and Reading Specialist to provide ongoing specialized instruction both small group and whole class. We have also hired an additional Guidance Counselor and Social Worker to further support both the academic and social needs of our students. Lastly, we have added two Instructional Coaches, one in Literacy and the other in Special Education to provide ongoing PD of staff in service of bettering instruction and meeting the needs of all learners