About the MGH Student Health Center
The MGH Student Health Center at Chelsea High School is a satellite of MGH Chelsea Pediatrics. It is staffed by a group of professionals, including a pediatric nurse practitioner and licensed social workers, who believe that healthy students learn better.
Services provided at the Student Health Center include:
- Physical exams for sports, work, or college.
- Visits for injuries or illness
- Reproductive care (pregnancy/STD prevention, testing, counseling)
- Mental health counseling
- Visits for health questions (acne, stress, substance use, etc.)
- Nutrition counseling
- Referrals for specialty health care
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Student Health Center?
- The Student Health Center is an MGH clinic in Chelsea High School where you can receive primary care services.
- Where is the Student Health Center?
- We are located on the first floor of Chelsea High School, 299 Everett Avenue, in the Health Suite with the School Nurses.
- Who can join the Student Health Center?
- The Student Health Center is open to all students enrolled at Chelsea High School.
- How much does it cost?
- There is no cost to you to join the Student Health Center. Health services are billed to your insurance coverage if possible.
- How does a student join the Student Health Center?
- All students under 18 must have their parent or guardian sign a consent form granting permission to receive care at the Student Health Center. Consent forms are available at the Student Health Center.
- When can a student use the Student Health Center?
- We are open during school hours for both appointments and walk-in visits.
- Is it confidential to use the Student Health Center?
- In Massachusetts, minors can receive confidential reproductive health care from any health care provider.
- How is the Student Health Center different from the School Nurse?
- The School Nurse conducts health screenings, manages student health records, administers daily medications and provides first aid, triage, and case management for all the students of Chelsea High School. The Student Health Center is in addition to the School Nurse, and provides comprehensive primary care services. Please see health services for more information about the Chelsea Public Schools school nurse staff and services.
CONTACT US: 617-466-5037