Dear Parents, Guardians, and Friends,
Welcome to the new school year at the John Silber Early Learning Center. We are very excited to be working with you and your children this year. We want to inform you of construction that is currently taking place around our school. Information as follows:
Central Avenue will be closed to traffic starting on August 29th and will reopen on September 5th. Shurtleff from Central to Congress will be closed for 3 weeks. There will be 6 detail police officers assigned to the Early Learning Center. Vans will be dropping students off on Hawthorne Street in front of the school at the handicap ramp. The police will keep that portion of the roadway open for the vans. The buses will be dropping off on Congress Avenue. The contractor has been informed about arrival and dismissal times. The bus route will be from Bellingham/Chester to Shawmut to Congress until Central Avenue is open. If your child does not take the bus, please walk your child to school until further notice.
Please be assured that we have safety precautions in place and we will work together to minimize the inconvenience.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Principal, John Silber Early Learning Center
Can we help find additional information? Please select a category below:
Perhaps you would like to:
- Visit our Parent Information Center
- Find out how to enroll a child in school.
- Find out about bus stop locations.
- Plan ahead with our District Calendar
- Find out about scholarships and opportunities.
- Log into Aspen Student/Parent Portal
- Visit our District News Area
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Facebook!
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Twitter!
- Contact CPS
- Superintendent Search Process