Jackie began teaching at the Hooks Elementary School in 2008. She is a Grade 4 teacher working in the highly successful co-teaching model. She sets the highest standards for herself and her students. Her love of her students is shown each and every day through her encouragement and support of their uniqueness, curiosity, independence, and self learning. Her classroom is described as organized, nurturing, and engaging.
Her contributions to her school and our district at large include her membership on the Hooks PLT Leadership Team, her work with the 5dp to create UbD units, her contributions to the SEL team at the school and the work this year to implement the MindUp curriculum. She believes in paying it forward to the next educator entering our ranks and so she is a mentor teacher as well as continuing to supervise BU student teachers in her school. Jackie is well respected by her colleagues and peers throughout the school and district. The team at the Hooks Elementary School describe her as understanding, compassionate, cooperative, and an all-around team player.
It is therefore with great pride that I award the 2017 Rotary Teacher of the Year Award to Jackie Abes from the Hooks Elementary School.
Yours, Mary M. Bourque, Ed.D.
Can we help find additional information? Please select a category below:
Perhaps you would like to:
- Visit our Parent Information Center
- Find out how to enroll a child in school.
- Find out about bus stop locations.
- Plan ahead with our District Calendar
- Find out about scholarships and opportunities.
- Log into Aspen Student/Parent Portal
- Visit our District News Area
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Facebook!
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Twitter!
- Contact CPS