In the event of inclement weather or emergency, school may be cancelled. The following radio and television stations will announce no-school days.
WBZ Television, Ch. 4
WBZ 1030 AM Radio
The announcement will be made before 6:30 AM if at all possible. In some cases, for example unpredictable weather, it may not be possible to make a decision until later in the morning. In any event, the announcement will be made by 7:00 AM at the latest. You may also call 617.466.5500 for an announcement about school cancellation. Please do not call the School Department, the Chelsea Police Department, or 911 for school cancellation information.
The District also uses an automatic telephone call system that will notify you about special school events as well as about school closings. The number the system calls is the one you have indicated you wish us to use. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance for us to have on file your current preferred phone number. If you change numbers, please let your child's school or the Parent Information Center know immediately.
The automatic telephone system will try to reach you at least four times. If you get a call from the system but do not pick up in time, please do NOT call back the number. You will tie up important telephone lines at a time when we are trying to get important information to everyone in the school system.
Can we help find additional information? Please select a category below:
Perhaps you would like to:
- Visit our Parent Information Center
- Find out how to enroll a child in school.
- Find out about bus stop locations.
- Plan ahead with our District Calendar
- Find out about scholarships and opportunities.
- Log into Aspen Student/Parent Portal
- Visit our District News Area
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Facebook!
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Twitter!
- Contact CPS
- Superintendent Search Process