The New Clark Avenue Middle School project is located at 8 Clark Avenue, the site of the existing school. This middle school currently houses 580 students in grades 5-8. The existing school building is comprised of the original 1908 building with a 1926 addition. The existing school will be replaced by a new school that will house 670 students, grades 5-8. The construction will take place in two phases and will be completed while school is in operation and students and staff are on site. Phase 1, which includes classrooms and a cafeteria, will begin in July 2015 and continue for approximately eighteen (18) months. Phase 2, which includes the gymnasium, performance spaces, and specialty classrooms, will begin in January 2017 and continue for approximately nineteen (19) months. When complete, the new school will include 23 classrooms, specialty spaces, new gymnasium, cafeteria and library. The site work will include a new entry plaza with outdoor educational spaces.
Please also see the Clark Avenue School Building Committee for additional information.
Can we help find additional information? Please select a category below:
Perhaps you would like to:
- Visit our Parent Information Center
- Find out how to enroll a child in school.
- Find out about bus stop locations.
- Plan ahead with our District Calendar
- Find out about scholarships and opportunities.
- Log into Aspen Student/Parent Portal
- Visit our District News Area
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Facebook!
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Twitter!
- Contact CPS