The Boston University / Chelsea Partnership was charged with the reform and revitalization of the public schools in Chelsea, Massachusetts. The Partnership was established in 1989, when, with the approval of the governor and state legislature, the Chelsea School Committee gave Boston University a contract to manage the Chelsea Public Schools. Three basic principles guide the Partnership’s efforts:
The Boston University/Chelsea Partnership remains a unique and exemplary instance of a public school district managed by a private university.
On June 30, 2008, the formal Partnership, which spanned 20 years, ended. The Chelsea Public School system continues to enjoy an informal connection with Boston University's School of Education, School of Social Work, and School of Dentistry.
Can we help find additional information? Please select a category below:
Perhaps you would like to:
- Visit our Parent Information Center
- Find out how to enroll a child in school.
- Find out about bus stop locations.
- Plan ahead with our District Calendar
- Find out about scholarships and opportunities.
- Log into Aspen Student/Parent Portal
- Visit our District News Area
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Facebook!
- Follow Chelsea Public Schools on Twitter!
- Contact CPS
- Superintendent Search Process