Principal: Michael Talbot
Assistant Principal(s): Berenice Mace-Diaz and Julie Shea
Family Liaison: Marlene Garcia
School Day: 8:05 am to 2:30 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday | 8:05 am to 1:40 pm on Wednesday ONLY
School Uniform: Yes
School Mascot: Clark Avenue Cougars
The Morris H. Seigal Clark Avenue Middle School (CAMS) serves students in grades 5 to 8. Our new building’s features include top-of-the-line science labs, as well as art, music, drama facilities, and state-of-the-art technology and spaces to support student learning. However, Principal Talbot reminds everyone, “Buildings don’t educate students. Teachers do.” The Clark Avenue School’s teachers have high expectations for students’ academic achievement and behavior. The school’s faculty and staff pride themselves on developing close relationships with students, which is critical to supporting young people’s learning and development. Clark Avenue is a uniform school. You can visit our website for announcements.
Our Academic Approach
- CAMS utilizes flexible grouping in all classrooms to support students in meeting their goals and engaging in higher order thinking.
- We teach and support students in using social emotional learning strategies (SEL).
- All students are engaged in goal setting and teachers provide feedback to students related to their goals and ongoing performance in all content areas. Students self-reflect on these goals on a regular basis.
- Our special education programs include both a social communications program and fully inclusive
- Comprehensive support services for English Language Learners including more intensive support
for students who are newly arrived as well as students who are continuing to grow in their English
- Click here for our Turnaround Plan
- View 2022 School Report Card
Art, Music, and Afterschool Programs
- Every student at CAMS participates in enrichment classes including art, music, technology, physical education, health education, and Spanish.
- In addition to our enrichment classes, students can participate in chorus, band, or strings through our after school programming. CAMS has multiple musical performances each year for students to showcase their musical skills.
- After-school programs include academic opportunities in both math and literacy, and enrichment opportunities, such as intramural sports, National Junior Honor Society, Studio Art, Science Enrichment, Yearbook, and more.
New This Year
- Click here to read our 2023-24 Home-School Compact
- Join ParentSquare today, our new school-to-home communications platform for families. This platform will be used at all schools (Grades K-12). Join to stay up to date on everything happening in your child's classroom.