George F. Kelly Elementary
Principal and Contact Information
Timothy Howard, Principal
300 Crescent Ave
Chelsea, MA 02150
George F. Kelly Elementary School serves grades 1-4 in the Chelsea School District.
Kelly school day is 7:55AM to 2.05PM.
Follow Kelly Elementary School on Facebook.
"The George F. Kelly Elementary is pleased to welcome you to the 2014-2015 school year. We are committed to the academic and character excellence of your children, and will work extremely hard to meet the individual needs of all the students that walk through our doors. We value and appreciate the vital role you play in your child’s education, and we look forward to another fantastic year with you!" - Timothy Howard
Kelly School Mission & Vision Statement
- Every Kelly School student—regardless of race, home language, or socioeconomic status—will reach proficient levels of academic achievement and be prepared to succeed in middle school.
- Kelly School students will be equipped with the skills and conceptual understanding they need to do challenging work in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and history.
- We aspire to be a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to academic and character excellence. We seek to make a positive impact on our community and the world.
Our Values & Practices
We commit ourselves to the following values and practices:
- To teach the core body of knowledge and skills that students must master in order to function as thoughtful citizens of the United States and members of the world community. We seek to follow a coherent, sequential curriculum in the areas of language arts, geography, world civilizations, American civilization, fine arts, science and technology, and mathematics.
- To cultivate the learning skills necessary for success in scholarship and daily life; critical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making, vocabulary development, communication, research, and scholarship.
- To promote the moral and character development of our students—that they seek to know the good, love the good, and do the good—by upholding standards of human interaction based on the virtues of courage, practical wisdom, moderation, justice, faith, hope, and charity; encouraging respect for and knowledge about the cultures and traditions among us.
- To nurture the personal qualities necessary for fruitful thought and action; self-worth and self-discipline; practical wisdom and good judgment; creativity and initiative; cooperation and collaboration.
- To call students to high standards of learning and behavior by emphasizing perseverance, diligence, and concentration; promoting and furthering strong attention span; expecting students to reach high and ask the most of themselves; fostering and expecting empathy, kindness, solidarity, and thoughtfulness.
- To promote "democratic literacy" in our students; to cultivate in students an awareness of their heritage as a free people; and to promote familiarity with the major thinkers and activists for democracy from Aristotle to Lincoln; from Thomas Jefferson to Elizabeth Cady Stanton to Martin Luther King, Jr.
- To provide a classroom and school environment that encourages academic and moral excellence and conveys the worth and dignity of each child, the excitement and joy of learning, the beauty and wonder of life—a life that moves beyond self, the order that is essential to learning and living.
Visiting George F. Kelly Elementary? Here is where our school is located:
View Larger Map